U.S. Mission Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Foreign National Student Internship Program
Internship Announcement Number: FNSIP 18/01
POSITION TITLE: Volunteer Intern (2 positions)
OFFICE/LOCATION: United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
OPENING DATE: Tuesday, February 27, 2018
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday, March 13, 2018
DURATION: 6 months with possible extension up to 1 year
WORK HOURS: Part-time; 20 hours/week (Monday through Friday)
The U.S. Embassy Tashkent is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for Foreign National Student Internship Program in the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
NOTE: There are no benefits attached to the internships and no compensation, nor any future employment rights. The intern students will be retained under a Gratuitous Service Agreement.
BENEFITS: The internship provides students with an excellent opportunity to get useful work experience in an international organization; improve their English skills and develop event planning/program management abilities through active involvement in various programming activities.
1. Conducting research on topics related to USAID current and planned programs;
2. Tracking newspaper, internet and broadcast media for USAID coverage and program-related topics;
3. Filing, scanning, copying, and shredding as required;
4. Assisting in planning and organizing USAID activities such as trainings, conferences and exchanges;
5. Greeting and escorting visitors;
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Students must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the program:
At least 18 years old
Non-U.S. citizen legally residing in Uzbekistan
Graduated from a secondary school or specialized secondary educational establishment
Currently enrolled not less than half-time in a higher educational institution in Uzbekistan as a 1-3 course student* pursuing Bachelor’s degree
In good academic standing at the current educational institution
Be a continuing student immediately upon completion of internship
Good computer/internet and customer service skills
Proficient in English, Russian and/or Uzbek
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants must complete forms and submit the following documents to be considered for the program before closing date:
1) Completed Foreign National Student Internship Program Application form;
2) Passport copy with registration page;
3) Transcript from higher educational institution;
4) Recommendation Letters and certificates (optional)
The forms and additional information are also available online at the U.S. Embassy’s website: https://uz.usembassy.gov/jobs/vacancies
WHERE TO APPLY
All documents must be sent to the U.S. Embassy Human Resources Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please note FNSIP 18/01 – “United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Internship Program” in the subject line of the email)
For further information on the program, please call the Embassy Human Resources Section at 120 54 50
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview;
• Selected candidate must provide written permission from the educational institution and other additional documents;
• Selected candidate will be subject to mandatory medical and security clearances.
More information is HERE.